Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Love to See the Temple! and can't wait for the Ft. Collins one!

I couldn't believe my ears today when the Prophet said they were building a temple in Ft. Collins Colorado! When President Monson started talking about temples I thought, "I love this part! Where are they going now?!" I remembered when he announced the Rome, Italy temple. I was in the Greeley Institute and everyone gasped when he said there would be a temple in Italy at the heart of Catholicism Central. That was the day they announced that a Temple would be built in the Greater Kansas City area, which I felt was getting us closer to the Second Coming.
I was surprised when I heard the words "Ft. Collins" leave the Prophets lips and I thought, "there must be another Ft. Collins." Then I heard "Colorado." I am watching conference by myself at home and wished I could be at the Institute where they would surely be having a party! I was so surprised.
I remembered a time when it was Ward Conference in the Greeley University Branch and President Dunn was allowing questions to be asked. Someone asked if he anticipated a temple being built in the Northern Colorado area. I thought "what a stupid question! Of course not! We already have a temple in Colorado and it is barely even an hour away! Why would they build one in Northern Colorado!?!" Well, I guess it wasn't such a dumb question after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment