Saturday, December 25, 2010

Speaking of Miracles...

yesterday me, both of my brothers and both of my younger sisters were at WalMart doing our Christmas dinner and some last minute gift shopping. We were there for a long time. The first place we went was to the hair-styling aisle to get a straightener for my older sister, Lexi from Jason. Then we went to the clothes to buy her a shirt, also from Jason, where we met my mother. When we were leaving that section a we were walking and a lady says to me while we walk by, "looks like you're having fun!" or something like that. I thought that was kinda wierd, but I said "Thanks!" and kept walking, wondering if she was serious or not. I didn't remember looking happy or looking unhappy, so I was a little curious as to what she meant. We were all around WalMart for the rest of our shopping trip. We went from aisle to aisle in the food section, which was way busy. There were so many people and our family was seperated every once in a while by the bustling shoppers. I saw the lady again in the last place we went before checking out in the chips and Little Debbie area. She didn't say anything to us, but when I saw her she was watching our family, so I smiled at her and went back to my business. We headed to the front of the store to check out and pay for our goods. We found a suprisingly short line of 0 people and got our stuff loaded onto the belt. This woman and a man came and got into line behind us, but I noticed they weren't buying very much, if anything. I felt bad that they were behind us since we had so much stuff and they had so little. As our stuff went through the scanner and most of it was in the basket bagged and ready to be taken home, the couple approached my mom. I didn't hear what they said. Later my mom told me they said they've been very blessed this year and was looking for a family they could help bless. They handed her a WalMart gift card and my mom went to shake the man's hand and he pulled her in for a hug. Then the woman hugged my mom too. She said she was impressed with our family because we were patient the whole time we were shopping and helpful and happy. I remembered seeing this woman pretty close to the beginning of our trip and asked if they had followed us the whole time. She said they had tried, and they thought they had lost us and missed their chance with our family when they found us again. We thanked them with, I hope, a heartfelt and sincerce thanks, then they left. When all of our groceries were scanned my mom gave the cashier the gift card. It had $100 on it. They truly made our day and our season. My mom had been worried about having all the money we needed to get through the next couple of days and the next two weeks. This gift card was a huge blessing to us. That couple were angels in disguise to us and we are all very grateful for their service. It put me in the Christmas Spirit of Giving.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, that's AWEsome! I'm so glad you & your family got to have that experience. ;) What an amazing blessing.

    ReplyDelete